Patch 2.6.1 is “The Great Balance” because it brings a lot of old, but loved sets back to the front lines. Many legendary items have had their powers tweaked and/or had more powers added to them. Some of these changes were done to help with quality of life as well. The overall goal of this patch was to bring most of the sets up to the approximate same power level to the Necromancer, which came in strong. Click the button below to get to the (huge) Patch 2.6.1 notes.
Season 12 will be starting the week after BlizzCon this year. Listed below are the times & regions for season start.
- North America: Thursday, November 9 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
- Europe: Thursday, November 9 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
- Asia: Thursday, November 9 @ 5:00 p.m. KST
Yes, you read that right. This will be the second season to start on a Thursday. This also will be our new normal going forward. The reasoning for this is stated below:
“Season 12 will begin on a Thursday to ensure there is adequate time to respond to potential issues with Seasons before the weekend begins.”
What would a season be without your Haedrig’s Gift and conquests. I have also included Leviathan’s video as he talks about each set a little as well as about the conquests.
- Barbarian – Immortal Kings Call
- Crusader – Seeker of the Light
- Demon Hunter – Natalya’s Vengeance
- Monk – Uliana’s Stratagem
- Necromancer – Trag’Oul’s Avatar
- Witch Doctor – Spirit of Arachyr
- Wizard – Vyr’s Amazing Arcana
- On A Good Day/I Can’t Stop – Level three Legendary Gems to level 65.
- Boss Mode/Worlds Apart – Kill the following bosses at max level on Torment X or higher within 20 minutes of the start of the game.
- The Thrill/Super Human – Reach Greater Rift Level 45 Solo without any Set items equipped.
- Curses!/Stars Align – Kill 350 or more monsters in a Cursed Chest event at level 70 on Torment X difficulty or higher.
- Years of War/Dynasty – Reach Greater Rift Level 55 Solo with the full bonuses of six of the following Class sets.
Over the last few seasons, many new ways of doing things have happened. We have put together a list and will be keeping it updated as new things come along to continue to help you in your fight against the demon hordes.
- Save that week’s Challenge Rift and AFTER creating a seasonal character, complete the CR, so that it will appear in your mail for the season. From there, spend the Bloodshards on potential slots for your class that will give you a powerful item early, level up your Blacksmith to max and try to craft a level reduced level 70 2-hander.
- Do one Act of bounties early on to get a Cache since it will have a chance to give you the Cain’s and Born’s plans, which will help you gain more experience faster.
- You can get a guaranteed Leoric’s Crown off of the Skeleton King in Campaign.
- In starting out at Level 1, you should always take the weapons from the followers since they’ll be stronger than yours. If you’re playing solo, don’t forget to actually hire a follower.
- Set the game to a higher difficulty like Master or so (maybe not for Hardcore) and kill an easy to get to boss like Zoltun Kulle, Maghda, or SK if they’re the bounty so that you can get some early rares and experience.
- Always play on Hard since it’s the most efficient experience-wise unless you or someone in your party gets a huge power boost or a level reduced weapon, then jump up to Master or higher (but never Expert because it’s inefficient from a health to experience ratio).
- While doing bounties, be on the lookout for a Rainbow Goblin because they can super break the leveling curve for you when you get access to Whimseydale.
Those pesky set dungeons. Where are they? What do I need to do? We got you covered. Below is a list of all the classes. We show you where to go, have an image for each portal location, and give you the objectives you’ll need to complete.
The Cube has come a long way since Patch 2.4! It has been a resource that I find myself only now using it to its max potential. We had a guide before, but Leviathan went through it and updated including adding in the latest addition to it – Augmenting. Click the button below to get to the guide.
There’s a wide wondrous world for your fill your wardrobe with (like what I did there?) Below is a link to the list of all the cosmetics you could shake a stick at. It also includes links to information on where to go and best practices for farming them.
D3 Planner: D3 Planner is a great gear planner and gear checker for your Season 12 plans. You can import your character for easy updating and make custom pieces of gear. This is great for comparing very close (stat wise) before you re-roll an affix or augment to see if it’s worth it.
D3 Sanctuary’s Pocket Guide: This guide includes similar material we cover here, but it also includes additions that we as a community have used for many seasons now. The guide has a section for torment drop rate changes, gambling sheet for Kadala to best your chances of getting those special items, season-by-season builds for many different situations, and more.
D3 Sanctuary’s Season 12 Journal Tracker: This tracker is a simple, very user-friendly way of keeping track of how far you are on your season journey. It is interactive and can be an asset for those just getting into seasons or those that want to plan out what to do for max efficiency.