For those who are long time Diablo fans, many may remember the highly-pixelated days of Diablo 1 and 2 when one could just identify the gear that a character used purely based on cosmetics. Remember the distinct all-silver Sigon Complete Steel set? How about purple Tal Rasha’s Wrappings set with the gold mask? While these nostalgic looks have a special place in many of our hearts, Diablo 3 (in particular, Reaper of Souls) has changed the way we are able to visually connect to our characters. With the introduction of transmogrification, players are now able to make their characters unique. Although there are so many cookie-cutter builds out there using the same gear, we are no longer required to all look the same.
Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to present to you: Transmog Tuesdays! Each Tuesday, we will showcase our favorite transmog set from the community. This is where our readers, aka YOU, come into the picture. We are asking all of our readers to send in their most creative transmog sets that they can conjure. Our first submission comes from fellow BlizzPro clan mate, Three Days. He was going for the “masked angel” look, by dying everything white and using as many pieces with wings as he could. Thank you for your submission, Three Days!
- Helm – Sovereign Helm – Purity Dye
- Shoulders – Epaulets – Purity Dye
- Chest – Astral Mail – Purity Dye
- Hands – Boneweave Gauntlets – Purity Dye
- Legs – Poleyns – Purity Dye
- Feet – Sovereign Greaves – Purity Dye
- Main-hand – Darklight
- Off-hand – Hallowed Barricade
Do you have a transmog set that you are particularly proud of to show off to the world? Does your Crusader look like an angelic soldier sent by Akkhan himself? Is your Wizard so beautiful that she slays demons with her looks alone? If so, send the following:
- A high quality picture of your character at the main menu or the in-game menu;
- A list of each item used for the transmog set along with the color of dye of each piece (see Three Days’ format above);
- A brief description of your theme; and
- Your name! (We want you to give you the credit!)
That’s it! Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will choose our favorite submissions and feature them in future Transmog Tuesday posts. Feel free to send as many submissions as you want, but please limit it to one submission per transmog set. Time to let those creative juices flow!