Mere moments ago, the Patch Test Realm was updated with a new version of Patch 2.2.0. This iteration brings with it a slew of changes to the class sets – new and old. Revisit and test these out for their adjusted powers to see if they’ll be enough to elicit true build diversity. Not to be neglected are a bevy of quality of life changes such as all stacks of materials of a similar type being collected with one click (previously an undocumented change) and the introduction of new Legendary gems that look to increase specific niche uses. Honestly, there are too many to recall them all and far too many standouts to limit them to a short list, so follow this link through to the official patch notes, where all of the latest changes are marked in Diablo red. Also see the excerpt below for a mini preview and further below that for a surprise:
- New Legendary Gem
- Your Cold skills now apply Chill effects and your Chill effects now slow enemy movement speed by an additional 5%
- The additional movement speed reduction is increased by .4% per rank
- At rank 25 you gain 10% increased chance to critically strike Chilled or Frozen enemies
- New Legendary Sword
- Your skill cooldowns are reduced by 4-6 seconds
- Mutilation Guard
- Gain 10% melee damage reduction
- Melee damage reduction is increased by 1% per rank
- At rank 25 while below 50% life, you may move through enemies unhindered
- Schaefer’s Hammer
- Has been redesigned
- Casting a Lightning skill charges you with Lightning, causing you to deal 650-850% weapon damage as Lightning every second for 5 seconds to nearby enemies
- You can now increase your Blood Shard cap by achieving a personal best in Solo Greater Rifts
- The cap will be increased by 10 shards per Greater Rift level completed
- Some changes have been made to the way Pylons spawn in Greater Rifts
But wait, there’s more! In order to help the community test these new changes and toys out, the ever-loved PTR Community Buff is back, stronger than ever.
Patch 2.2.0 is introducing a lot of new and revised Legendary and Set items to the game. Some may find it challenging to gear effectively within a short testing window, especially if you don’t happen to own some of the items receiving updates or want to test Legendaries with a newly created Seasonal character. To help facilitate item testing, we will be activating community buffs during the course of the PTR.
The following buffs are now active on the PTR:
- 2000% Bonus Chance to find Legendaries
- 300% Bonus to Experience gained
- Double Treasure Goblin spawns
- Double Blood Shards earned
This buff is temporary and will run starting today until March 18 at 9:00 p.m. PDT. We may activate additional buffs throughout the course of the PTR as testing needs arise.
As always, your feedback is appreciated and we thank you for participating in our latest testing phase.